J.Lee Lehman, Ph.D.,
- Triple Virgo J. Lee Lehman holds M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from
Rutgers University in Botany. Her astrological interests have included new asteroids,
historical methods, heliocentric astrology, horary and homosexuality. She authored the
first ephemeris of the asteroids Sappho, Eros, Toro, Amor, Pandora, Diana, Icarus, Urania,
Hidalgo and Lilith.
She has published four books to date:
- The Ultimate Asteroid Book (1988)
- Essential Dignities (1989)
- The Book of Rulerships (1992)
- and Classical Astrology for Modern Living (1996)
- The books above were published by Whitford Press. Her
translation of Papus' Astrology for Initiates is in press with Weiser. She has
published chapters in two Llewelyn anthologies, Intimate Relationships and Sexuality
in the Horoscope.
- Her historical research began in 1987 through a study of the
essential dignities and expanded in two ways: through an examination of classical horary
technique and through a process of recovering obscured methods of Ptolemy and others. She
has published many articles on classical methods.
She has founded three correspondence courses:
- Classical Studies in Horary
- Introductory Classical Astrology (natal)
- co-founded Classical Studies in
- She was the recipient of the 1995 Marc Edmund Jones Award,
the first horary astrologer so honored. For most of her astrological career, she has been
an activist. She has been Research Director of the National Council for Geocosmic
Research, and has been involved with the internationally acclaimed United Astrology
Congress, on which she serves as Program Chair as well as Corporate Treasurer for UAC'98
and the UAC, Inc.
In 1996 Lee took out time to create her own website, put
together the Election-A-Day Planner for 1997 and provide seminars in various areas
around the US. In January she will be in Australia speaking at their conference.
Return to Home Page
Return to "What is Horary" Page