JustUs & Associates is a small publishing company with a narrow focus.
The company was founded in California in 1983 by Carol A. Wiggers. We specialize in reference books and educational materials for horary astrologers at every level, from student to professional. Our emphasis is even more specialized than that description suggests, for we advocate traditional horary, as practiced in the 17th Century by the English astrologer William Lilly, who translated, compiled, and tested the works of ancient authorities.
We have been asked why we have gone to all the trouble of providing these books for our students and astrology lovers. Well, the only way to answer that is "our love for this form of astrology". Our books are NOT FASCIMILE COPIES. Each book has been retyped , the diagrams redrawn and are paperback bound for easy handling. We have found with our students that they love these books because they lay flat and are so easy to work with. The printing is large and easy to read, after all why should you have to spend time studying and end up with eye strain also! We have tried to make life a little easier for our students. These books are meant for the serious student, they are meant to be used, not to sit on the shelf and look pretty, but untouched.
In 1989 we began publication of THE HORARY PRACTITIONER, the only journal of its kind, a quarterly publication of rules and example charts that bring traditional horary to life. We designed the journal so that it would remain a significant source of information. Our next Special Edition will be published in July 1997.
In this catalog we are pleased to present all our back issues, plus our horary tables, study guides, Correspondence Course information and other reference materials.
We hope you enjoy our catalog, and we look forward to hearing from you.
All books and Courses are shipped book rate (surface mail to overseas countries). We also accept personal clients with horary questions (credit cards are necessary for this service). We accept Discover, Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
With Best Wishes,
Carol A. Wiggers,D.M.S.Astrol., QHP
1420 NW Gilman Blvd., Suite #2154
ISSAQUAH, WA 98027-7001 USA
All of our books are in large, easy to read, modern print, paperback bound and exactly the same as the original version. We have taken the time and care to do this for reference work when you are studying. The modern print puts less strain on your eyes and makes studying a lot easier. Now you can cancentrate on the meaning of the text instead of wondering what that word is supposed to mean! Join us with these updates texts that are word-for-word like the originals.
CHRISTIAN ASTROLOGY, by William Lilly, 1647,Christian Astrology is a must for students of astrology. It has been completely retyped and laser printed for you by Carol A. Wiggers, DMSAstrol. QHP, and is suitable for all research and study, including correspondence courses in traditional and classical horary astrology. These books are a must for all serious students of astrology.Completely redone, large easy to read modern print, paperback bound to lay flat and last a long time.
- VOLUME ONE contains all the fundamental instruction about astrology, including the signs, planets, aspects, houses and how to use the ephemeris.
- VOLUME TWO contains horary rules, delineations and examples of all of Lilly's Horary charts. This book is packed with all the information about horary Lilly was trying to teach his students. You will be amazed by his work and chart after chart with full explanations.
- VOLUME THREE contains natal interpretations, directions, rectification, revolutions and transits. This volume is very important to any astrologer who wants to study the traditional techniques of predictive astrology. Everyone can benefit from owning this book.
- HARD COVER EDITION of the above book bound together into one book. These are very special books because they are numbered and we are only doing a small special edition printing.
MIKROPANASTRON, by John Partridge, 1679,Perhaps one of the most important texts on Electional Astrology using the Traditional methods. Completely retyped and laser printed in workbook style, easy to read and study. This book is a great source of information in Traditional Astrology. It contains information on complete definitions on Houses, Planets, Signs, Horary Technique, Natal, Directions, Revolutions, Perfection's, Transits, Complete Doctrine of Elections with 80 aphorisms. Also 100 aphorisms easy by Gadbury, Hermes, Ptolemy, Bethem, and those of Guido, Haley & Origanus. If you are studying horary, electional or traditional/classical astrology in general, this book is an invaluable source of information. It will become required reading in many traditional courses. Over 365 pages of information, tables , diagrams and charts. Hard Cover Edition available.
JUDGMENT OF THE STARS, by Claudius Dariot, Claudius Dariot was a physician and astrologer who lived from 1533 to 1594. His classic text, A Brief and Most Easy Introduction to the Astrological Judgment of the Stars, was translated into English by Fabian Wither and published in London in the late 16th Century. This is a first edition, retyped and laser printed for easy reading. The illustrations have been redrawn. In addition to its through introduction to astrological concepts, this work contains many chapters on history, including significators and how to find them; rules for interpreting questions about missing people and how to find them; rules for interpreting questions about missing people, riches, marriage, careers, property, and other topics; and rules for elections. This book deserves a place in your library.
A MODERN LILLY, by Adrienne Warren, QHP, Deciphering Christian Astrology isn't easy. If you have struggled with (or avoided) the original, rejoice. Lilly's 35 horary interpretations from Christian Astrology and four from England's Prophetical Merline are now in modern English. Familiar, modern chart forms with the outer planets, accurate "translations" in modern English, and notes on every interpretation makes this an important reference. For the first time, Lilly's writing is easy to read! A must for all horary students. Easy to read, laser printed and in workbook style to lay flat making studies easier.
CHRISTIAN ASTROLOGY INDEX ,JustUs & Associates, Complete with page numbers and explanatory notes. Over 5000 separate citations for technical terms, things, people, places, animals, plants and trees, rules and examples, as described by William Lilly. This index includes Vol. I, Vol. II of Christian Astrology (both Regulus and JustUs & Associates Editions!)PLUS an added bonus: a complete index to The Astrologer's Guide (Anima Astrologiae) by Guido Bonatus. This separate index covers both recent editions of this valuable reference, so whether you have the Regulus Publications edition or the one published by American Federation of Astrologers, you'll find what you're looking for.
ANIMA ASTROLOGIAE, by Guido Bonatus edited by William Lilly and Henry Coley ,A Guide for Astrologers, being the "Considerations of the famous Guido Bonatus," faithfully rendered into English, as also the choicest Aphorisms of Cardan's seven Segments, translated and edited by the famous William Lilly. Large, modern print, easy to read. A must for all serious students of astrology.
DOCTRINE OF HORARY QUESTIONS, Gadbury. A special treastise written by Gadbury concerning horary astrology. Very helpful for horary astrology students. Easy to read large, modern text. Paperback bound.
Carmen Astrologicum, Dorotheus of Sidon, Ascella Pub.
Al Biruni, Ascella Pub.,
THE WHOLE ART OF ASTROLOGY, Henry Coley (1676), This book is packed with astrological information. He covers all aspects of astrology. Natal, Directions, Horary, and explains everything in fine detail. This book is paperback bound, large, modern print, easy to read.
- Book 1- Introduction to Astrology,
- Book 2- Horary, Electional, & Weather Astrology, other countries.
- Book 3- Natal Astrology, etc.)
Hard Cover version of the above Book by Henry Coley is available. It is bound together (all 3 books) into this hard covered, numbered edition, that is sure to be a collector's item. Only a small number of these have bee printed and bound because of the expense.
ASTROLOGIA RESTAURATA, or Astrology Restored, by William Ramesey (in four books), These books are completely redone in large easy to read, modern print, paperback bound, durable and great for students and astrologers alike.
- Book 1- Defending Astrology, he writes to those who do not believe in astrology and defends it during his time (1653),
- Book 2- Introduction to Astrology- How to calculate a chart, meanings of the planets, signs, aspects, how to read them and use them in a delineation, accoding to the traditional method of astrology.
- Book 3 - Electional Astrology. This book is devoted entirely to Electional Astrology. How to set up the chart and what is necessary to be successful in the outcome. This is a priceless book!
- Book 4 - Mundane Astrology. If you are interested in mundane astrology, this is the book you should study. He covers everything about this subject very clearly.
Hard Cover edition of the above book is available. It includes all 4 books and these are numbered editions. We have only printed a small number of these hard bound books.
ASTROLOGICAL PRACTICE OF PHYSICK, Blagrave (1671) If you are studying medical astrology, or are interested in herbs, you will love this book. Just reading the various methods they used during that time is very enlightening. completely redone, large, modern print, paperback bound. This is a real eye opener concerning medicine in the 1600's.
PRACTICAL APPROACH TO LILLY, A Horary Study Guide by Bobbye Bratcher-Nelson, MLA and Carol A. Wiggers, QHP. Announcing the first study guide to address the traditional rules of horary astrology set down by the ancients. For the first time, students can get hands-on practice with real, verified horary charts.
- Introduction to traditional horary astrology and to what makes it different from modern horary.
- Actual horary charts with guided questions which, when answered correctly, lead to the correct conclusion. This is a great way to study because you actually work with the charts instead of just reading about them.
- Answer sheets and charts to compare with your own work.
- Exclusively designed chart forms for your own use. You may reproduce these master forms as you need them.
A HANDBOOK OF PHYSICAL DESCRIPTIONS, by Adrienne Warren, QHP Christian Astrology has the answer, but it can be hard to locate. Now for the first time, Lilly's rules for describing are condensed in a single reference, translated into modern English, and arranged for easy use. Signs, planets, houses, aspects, it's all here, along with examples from Christian Astrology and England's Prophetical Merline.
REGIOMONTANUS TABLE OF HOUSES ,JustUs & Associates Regiomontanus houses are the system of choice in traditional horary. Unfortunately, previous Regiomontanus tables have gone out of print, so they are hard to find. This computer generated table now puts regio houses into the hands of all astrologers. The tables are easy to read and calculated for every degree of the Midheaven at latitudes 0 to 60 degrees North or South. For the astrologer who calculates charts by hand, these tables are a real necessity. These are the only Regiomontanus tables now in print.
PLANETARY HOURS MADE EASY, JustUs & Associates Planetary Hours play an important role in traditional horary. They help determine whether a chart is valid, and in some cases they offer specific information. Our planetary hours guide is detailed, easy to read, easy to use, and printed on sturdy, full sized paper. A review of planetary hours and their use in horary accompanies 28 pages of tables showing planetary hours every seven days at latitudes 27,31,35,37, 39,41,43,47,49,51,53, and 55 North or South, with instructions for computing hours at higher latitudes and intermediate latitudes. In addition, it includes a complete review of the rules pertaining to planetary hours in traditional horary.
MEDICAL TOPICS INDEX,by CJ Puotinen, QHP & C. A. Wiggers,QHP The horary rules regarding health and sickness are complex and detailed. This index includes page references from Christian Astrology for illnesses and body parts (everything from ankles to yellow jaundice); significators in questions about sickness, organized by house, sign, direction, position, hour rulers, and planets; a comprehensive list of herbs mentioned by Lilly; and a list of over 400 plants and herbs with their ruling planets according to Nicholas Culpeper, a contemporary of Lilly and author of The Complete Herbal, a book that remains popular today. This unique index is easy to read, easy to use, and easy on the eyes. Over 1500 citations on illnesses alone.
SIMPLIFIED CHART CALCULATION INSTRUCTIONS,by Bobbye Bratcher-Nelson, MLA and Carol A. Wiggers, QHP Detailed step-by-step instructions guide you through the process of calculating any chart. There are forms for you to copy and use whenever you need to compute charts for any purpose. An important reference for your astrological library.
HORARY FACT SHEETS, by Bobbye Bratcher-Nelson, MLA. and Carol A. Wiggers, QHP It's true, horary astrology has a lot of rules! But now you can save valuable time by having them right at your fingertips. Our convenient laminated fact sheets comes with its own protective storage pouch. They are packed with information and printed on both sides.
- Pink Sheet:Step-by-step guide for organizing and interpreting a horary chart, including strictures and warnings; traditional horary checklist.
- Purple Sheet: Table of Essential Dignities, nature of the planets and signs, traditional rulerships, joys of the planets, antiscions, average daily motion, table of geographical directions by sign and house, signs of long and short ascension and their importance in aspects, critical degrees, table of symbolic time measurement, combustion and cazimi, and the relative strength of the houses.
- Yellow Sheet: Horary house relationships, for use in a "turned" chart; Lilly's point system for judging the strength of significator planets.
- Green Sheet: 23 Arabian Parts commonly used in horary; Lilly's point system for judging the strength of the Parts of Fortune: calculation of the Part of Fortune.
- Blue Sheet: Table of fixed stars used in traditional horary with their 1920, 1990, and year 2000 positions and natures; table of dexter and sinister aspects by sign.
ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES by J.Lee Lehman, Ph.D. By researching ancient manuscripts and sources, the ancient system of essential dignities or planetary rulerships is made available once again to contemporary astrologers.
THE BOOK OF RULERSHIPS: Keywords from Classical Astrology,by J.Lee Lehman, Ph.D. Astrological rulerships are both ancient and modern: their roots lie in antiquity, but they change with the detailed history of the horary art, followed by comprehensive guidelines, methods, strictures, concepts, rules, examples, arcana, delineations, recommendations, keywords, a glossary, and worksheets-over 500 pages of instruction and illustrations, with 44 example horaries, 15 figures, and 37 tables.
THE RETROGRADE MERCURY WORKBOOK, by CJ Puotinen, QHP Every three months, goes retrograde. Here is a collection of theory, lore and real people describing their experiences under this sometimes frustrating, always entertaining phenomenon. The workbook includes in natal and progressed horoscopes, a ephemeris for the years 1900 to 2000, transiting in the signs and houses, and journal pages for your own research. The stories alone are worth the price; many were recorded by skeptics who had no interest in astrology until convinced them!
COMPUTING HOROSCOPES WITH YOUR ELECTRONIC CALCULATOR, by CJ Puotinen, QHP Say good-bye to proportional logarithms! Toss out those tedious chart calculation forms. It really is possible to teach yourself in a single day how to make every necessary time correction, adjust the planets' positions, interpolate house cusps, progress the chart, compute solar and lunar returns, and more-all faster and more accurately than you can using any other hand computation method. Simple step by step instructions with easy to follow, full size chart forms for you to copy and use.
PREDICTIVE STUDY GUIDES, By Bobbye Bratcher-Nelson, MLA and Carol A. Wiggers, QHP If you love our horary fact sheets, you'll go wild about our predictive astrology study guides! References are carefully organized so that you can practice the favorite predictive technique of astrological legends Ivy M. Goldstein-Jacobson, Charles E.O. Carter, Sepharial, Alan Leo, and others. Our set of five laminated predictive astrology study guides is printed on both sides of lovely muted pastel linen paper and comes packaged in its own protective storage pouch. These durable sheets are loaded with reliable information to help you in making accurate predictions.
- Blue Sheet: Predictive aspects; predictive planetary meanings, easy identification of transiting aspects that activate progressions and directions by the "Law of Excitation."
- Green Sheet:Table of major arcs of radix directions; table of minor arcs of radix directions of the Moon.
- Gray Sheet: Fixed stars used in predictive astrology with longitudes for the years 1900, 1950, 1990, and 2000, plus calculation instructions for any year in between. Includes the nature of and comments about each fixed star.
- Mauve Sheet: Arabian parts used in predictive astrology with their meanings, formulas, and calculation instructions.
- Tan Sheet:Complete Solar Eclipse information from 1900 to 2000, including Date, GMT, Longitude, Type, Saros Series, and Initial Eclipse Position.
Copyright JustUs & Associates 2009, all rights reserved.