Now there is. The Classical Studies courses - Natal, Horary, and Electional - teach the prerequisites. Now, they have been joined by Classical Studies in Medical Astrology. The prerequisite is either those three Courses, or Lee's Pre-medical Intensive or Workbook, which contains the relevant selections.
By the final session, the student should be able to evaluate the natal chart from a standpoint of health, answer questions concerning cases with existing disease, and evaluate proposed surgery times.
The purpose to this Course is not to engage in medical practice as understood legally. The purpose is to provide the astrologer with the tools to provide specialized services to their clients, mainly concerning the timing and circumstances of medical care provided by licensed practioners.
To pass the Course, the work submitted must demonstrate a consistently high quality. Lessons may be submitted in either English or French.
Lessons may be submitted by fax or e-mail, except where particular questions require diagrams which may not be appropriate in text format. Rich Text Format attachments, Word, or Word Perfect attachments are also acceptable.
All fees are non-refundable. All fees are in US $, or other currency on approval, American Express, MasterCard or Visa cards are accepted. Payments may be made in three equal installments.
Full Course: $420 (£300).
Postage Differential for Canada or Mexico: add $10.
Postage Differential for other countries: add $30.
Note: the postal differential is not necessary if you submit by e-mail.
Syllabus for the Full Course
1. Hippocrates and the Homeopathy/Allopathy Debate 2. Hippocrates, Humors, Lifestyles, and Wellness 3. The Hyleg and Alcochodon and What to do with Them 4. Decumbitures I: Charting the Course of Disease 5. Decumbitures II: Parts of the Body in Detail 6. Decumbitures III: Considerations besides the Moon 7. Medical Horaries 8. Non-surgery Electionals 9. More about the 1st and 6th Houses 10. Physic and the World of Prescription Drugs 11. What to do when We can no longer Engage in Bloodletting 12. The Medical Master Piece.
* denotes item available from Just Us & Associates, 1420 N.W. Gilman Blvd. Suite #2154, Issaquah WA 98027; Phone (206) 391-8371, Fax (206) 392-1919; e-mail: email@example.com; Website http://www.horary.com
* Blagrave, Joseph. 1671. Astrological Practice of Physick, Discovering the True Way to Cure all Kinds of Diseases and Infirmities which are Naturally incident to the Body of Man. Printed for Obad. Blagrave: London. Available from JustUs & Associates, Issaquah, WA
Culpeper, Nicholas. 1653. The English Physician. Known popularly as his herbal, any complete addition of this work is fine.
* Culpeper, Nicholas. 1655. Astrological Judgment of Diseases from the Decumbiture of the Sick. Available from JustUs & Associates, Issaquah, WA
Jones, W.H.S., Translator. 1931, 1992. Hippocrates. Volume IV. Loeb Classical Library: Cambridge, MA.
Lehman, J. Lee. 1989. Essential Dignities. Whitford Press: West Chester, PA. Available from JustUs & Associates, Issaquah, WA
Lehman, J. Lee. 1992. The Book of Rulerships. Whitford Press: West Chester, PA. Available from JustUs & Associates, Issaquah, WA
Lehman, J. Lee. 1996. Classical Astrology for Modern Living. Whitford Press: West Chester, PA. Available from JustUs & Associates, Issaquah, WA
Lilly, William. 1647. Christian Astrology. Reprinted in 1985 by Regulus: London.
* Lilly, William. 1647. Christian Astrology. Republished in 1985 by JustUs & Associates, Issaquah, WA Available from JustUs & Associates, Issaquah, WA
* Ramesey, William. 1653. Astrologia Restaurata; or Astrology Restored: being an Introduction to the General and Chief part of the Language of the Stars. Printed for Robert White: London. Available from JustUs & Associates, Issaquah, WA
* Saunders, Richard. 1677. The Astrological Judgment and Practice of Physick, deduced from the Position of the Heavens at the Decumbiture of the Sick Person, &c. Thomas Sawbridge: London. Available from JustUs & Associates, Issaquah, WA
Page created by: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 501107
Malabar FL 32950-1107 USA
(407) 728-2244 fax
Changes last made on: Thu May 9 15:34:34 1997
http://horary.com/bookshopReturn to Traditional Astrology Home Page |